Please join us at the next Jenks NAE Parent Council October Meeting, Thursday, October 13, 2016.
JOM 6:00 – 7:00 P.M.
Title VII 7:00 – 8:00 P.M.
Both meetings will take place at the Education Service Center –
205 East B Street
Jenks, OK 74037
Your involvement is crucial to the success of the program!
Welcome to Jenks Public Schools Native American Education Program. Our program is a grant funded program for those students with evidence of Native American decent. The program operates with guidance from the Title VII and Johnson-O’Malley American Indian Education Parent Councils and Jenks Public Schools. Your involvement in the Parent Council is the backbone of this program. You are invited to attend all Council meetings.
Enrollment in the Native American Education (NAE) is not automatic at the time of school enrollment.A 506 Form and Tribal Citizenship card documentation of the student must be on file in the NAE office in order for a student to be enrolled in the NAE programs.
Through the funding provided by Johnson-O’Malley and Title VII grants, the NAE provides financial support and supplemental programs for Native American and Alaska Native students enrolled in Jenks Public Schools. Among the program offerings are:
* Advisement for students with attendance and behavioral concerns
* Tutoring program
* Native American Club (High School)
* Native American library and resource room
* Basic school supplies PK-12
* Community services and resources information
* Cultural presentations
* Cultural Enrichment Days
* Higher Education and Scholarship Information
* Liaison for school/ student/ parent communication
* Liaison for tribal sponsored contests and awards recognition
* Class fee assistance
* Convocation (Seniors)
* Tuition fee waivers for Summer School (Limited funding per approval of NAE application)